Work Permit

Immigration Options

Work in Canada

To work in Canada, a foreign national must receive authorization – work permit.

A work permit is a document issued by Immigration Canada that allows a foreign individual to work for a limited time at a specific job for a specific employer in Canada.

We can assist you:

  • in preparing yourself to apply for a job in Canada
  • representing your Canadian employer in HRDC to obtain validation;
  • preparing file for submission to Canada Immigration;
  • representing you before Canada Immigration to obtain work permit and entry visa.

In most instances, a work permit will only be issued by an immigration officer after Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) has approved the job offer of a Canadian employer to a foreign national.

An HRDC opinion enables Immigration Canada to determine whether the employment of the foreign worker is likely to have a positive, neutral or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. A positive or neutral labour market opinion is necessary for a foreign worker to be issued a work permit.

The factors HRDC considers include whether a Canadian or immigrant could fill the job; whether the hiring of a foreign national will help create opportunities or benefit for Canadian job seekers; and whether working conditions and wages offered are in line with what a Canadian would expect.

The HRD validation process thus entails that the Canadian employer demonstrate that a "significant" effort has been made to seek and hire a Canadian for the position in which there is a petition for validation. Work permit will be refused if the HRDC opinion is that the wages and working conditions offered are insufficient to attract and retain Canadian job-seekers. This policy is to ensure that foreign workers are not improperly used by Canadian employers to drive down the wage structure in the Canadian labour market.

Once HRDC grants a confirmation for the job that the foreign worker has been offered, the worker may apply for a work permit at a visa office, or, if the worker is a U.S. citizen, at a port of entry.

Contact us if you would like to know more.

444 Responses to Work Permit

  1. Ronak Malaviya says:

    Want to apply for BC PNP tech pilot program. Please let me know more details on it.

  2. Randeep says:

    want to know about nanny visa

  3. Kristu Raju Vatti says:

    Need a counseling on work permit

  4. Kristu Raju Vatti says:


  5. suresh kumar says:

    need urgent this job

  6. Dawit says:

    How may you help me obtain a work permit,assist me on getting my desired job in Canada?

  7. Hello am interested of having assisted for the Canada work visa please help.

  8. Abdullah Muhammad Hasham says:

    I am interested in immigrating to Canada, either as a permanent resident or a foreign worker. I am 36 years old, I am Pakistani by nationality, live in Karachi, Pakistan.
    I am having a 4 years masters degree in Public Administration, specialized in Finance, I also have a 2 years bachelor degree in commerce. I have a working experience of around 10 years, presently working as Managing Director with a Company. My sister and brother in law are living in Canada, the prior is permanent resident while later is a national. Could you please contact me through my email address so I could discuss about the prospects and potential for immigrating to Canada in an year?
    I am waiting for your positive response.
    Thank you,

  9. Sonal says:

    I am looking for complete information about wotk permit.

  10. Naveed says:

    Dear sir im looking job for canada my job profile is c n.c machine operator if opening ,8095438767

  11. Tanjir says:

    Cnc operator

  12. Hetal says:

    hi ,
    I have got visitor visa for canada.Can i apply for work permit on pizza pizza store in mnitoba,canada?

  13. parvendra says:

    I and my friends need a work permit canada for group plz help me

  14. Jyoti Samuel says:

    I want to working in Vanoucer (Canada). SO have 14 years experience In Operation Theatre. Medicine Opd Cardiac OPd. My phone number is 9815540567. This year 8th January My Daddy no more. But I am alive my Daddy in my body. Dad side all relatives against our side. We are scare every time. Me & my mother change & environment my age is 37 years.
    With regards nd respect jyoti Samuel

  15. Kiran K K says:

    I completed bcom course but not passed. But I had experience of 3 years in account section.I would to come there & work in any section.
    Please do anything, that could be possibly for you.

  16. Chukwuma says:

    For the work permit, is IELTS compulsory? I know for permanent residency it is a must but for this work permit visa is it a must?
    Thank you

  17. Manimuthu says:

    I need work permit visa in toronto in

  18. Naresh Saini says:

    Me Naresh Saini from Edmonton wants information for agriculture foreign workers permit from India

  19. Anu rani says:

    Work permit

  20. Appalanaidu Kundrapu says:

    I’m 30years old. I have been working as welder in Singapore since 2006 to till date . My hometown is visakhapatnam situated in Andhra Pradesh an india.i would like to work in canada. How to apply for welder role for Canada work permit

  21. Donald says:

    It has always been my dream to work in canada with an intention to learn & imporove myself more on vocational/academic training. I am 38yrs and i hold a university bachelor degree but with limited work experience years in the ICT/Telecom & Supply chain job. Kindly send me a detailed info, an estimated cost that i should expect for this service via my email. 4

  22. Answer Chinenye says:

    Enlighten me on it please

  23. Tarsem Singh says:

    I have six years of experience in Singapore as a electrical foreman and recently I completed my ielts in general training and get overall 5.5bands. My whatsapp number +6590664748

  24. ahmed says:

    Regarding lmia and procedure please contact on.

  25. Hi, I am looking for work permit or PR in Canada. I have 5 years of US Tax experience and currently working with US Company Name KPMG Pvt Ltd in India. I want to move alone with my Husband and 2 years kid.
    My husband is working as a System Engineer Senior Associates with NTTDATA Pvt Ltd.

    I am looking for more information and suggestion. Please reply

    Namita Mazumdar

  26. Jaspreet kaur Oubhi says:

    I wanted to know if you guys can get us job letter for Canada. I have already submitted my profile for express entry and waiting for Invitation.

  27. REGHU NARAYAN says:

    I would like to get farming, packaging or restaurant job with LMIA approval.
    can you revert with the requirements and details?
    my mail

  28. Rupinder kaur says:

    Regarding nany work permit visa

  29. Osunbuyide Olanrewaju love says:

    I am seeking for job in Canada

  30. Raj says:

    For work permit in canada if I have employer lmia, do I need recent work experience,becoz I have a gap of 3 years In my work experience.plz answere

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *