In order to qualify you must have at least two years of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following Federal Skilled Trade Eligible Occupations within the last five years:
- 6321 Chefs
- 6322 Cooks – Capped: We are no longer accepting applications for this occupation.
- 6331 Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
- 6332 Bakers
- 7201 Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 7203 Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7231 Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- 7232 Tool and die makers
- 7233 Sheet metal workers
- 7234 Boilermakers
- 7235 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
- 7236 Ironworkers
- 7237 Welders and related machine operators
- 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7242 Industrial electricians
- 7243 Power system electricians
- 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers
- 7245 Telecommunications line and cable workers
- 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
- 7247 Cable television service and maintenance technicians
- 7251 Plumbers
- 7252 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- 7253 Gas fitters
- 7271 Carpenters
- 7272 Cabinetmakers
- 7281 Bricklayers
- 7282 Concrete finishers
- 7283 Tilesetters
- 7284 Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
- 7291 Roofers and shinglers
- 7292 Glaziers
- 7293 Insulators
- 7294 Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
- 7295 Floor covering installers
- 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 7303 Supervisors, printing and related occupations
- 7304 Supervisors, railway transport operations
- 7305 Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 7313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 7314 Railway carmen/women
- 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- 7316 Machine fitters
- 7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
- 7321 Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers
- 7322 Motor vehicle body repairers
- 7331 Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics
- 7332 Appliance servicers and repairers
- 7333 Electrical mechanics
- 7334 Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
- 7335 Other small engine and small equipment repairers
- 7361 Railway and yard locomotive engineers
- 7362 Railway conductors and brakemen/women
- 7371 Crane operators
- 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface, mining, quarrying and construction
- 7373 Water well drillers
- 7381 Printing press operators
- 7384 Other trades and related occupations, n.e.c.
- 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry
- 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying
- 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services
- 8231 Underground production and development miners
- 8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- 8241 Logging machinery operators
- 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- 8255 Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services
- 8261 Fishing masters and officers
- 8262 Fishermen/women
- 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- 9213 Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
- 9215 Supervisors, forest products processing
- 9217 Supervisors, textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing
- 9221 Supervisors, motor vehicle assembling
- 9222 Supervisors, electronics manufacturing
- 9223 Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing
- 9224 Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
- 9226 Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing
- 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
- 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9232 Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators
- 9235 Pulping, papermaking and coating control operators
- 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators
- 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
Book a Consultation
Good morning, what is the process to be followed to immigrate to Canada from South Africa? I am a qualified Electrician (High Voltage) with 20 years of experience in food and petro-chemical experience. I also have a Radar technician trade. My brother is a Financial manager with two degrees.
I Lived in Pakistan My Working Experience is 23 years 1991 to 2015
Oil & Gas Company
Mail Room Attendent
i have two years experience in pipefitter in saudi arabia and im looking for pipefitting works in canada .i hope i can find here in this site
Respected Sir/ Ma’am,
I would like to express my extreme interest in moving to Canada permanently. I have more than three years experience in Oil & Gas industry as a Recruitment Specialist and since 2014 I have been promoted to be in charge of middle east branch based in Dubai. I hold M.A in English with A+ Grade and IELTS with 6.5 overall. Am I eligible to apply for immigration?
I have 10 years experience in design and cnc programming. I have 6 band each in ielts. I am bechlors in mechanical engineering from AMIE kolkata. Can I appy for work permit or pr in canada.
I have five years of experience in the field of Aviation. I have a License in CAT B1.2 .
and Beachlor of arts.(7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors) This is my field in SOL list. How can I apply.
Good day sir,
I am a Nigerian, posses 7 years experience in the maritime and shipping industry, working in the capacity of an operations officer.
I also have mechanical/electrical engineering experience.
I will like to know if i am eligible to apply for a Canadian visa….
what do they mean by CONTINUOUS in: “two years of continuous full-time” – do they allow for holidays and if so, how long…?
Regular holidays are okay and would not disturb the continuous work.
I’m Mr Swamihalli Vijaykumar working in India as electrical maintenance Electrician in industry, I’m intrested express to move quback city wighting for opportunity
Im qualified Electrician ,Trade Tested , did Apprenticeship in Zimbabwe and registered with Department of Labour as Master Installation Electrician from South Africa, with 11years post-apprenticeship experience .
My challenge is how should i get my documents evaluated in order for me to apply for Express Entry immigration?.
I want to apply for skilled trade program
I have more than 4 years work experience in NOC 7315 what is the process to get job in Canada
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is wai yan oo.
I have a certificate of qualification as a 4th class engineer from TSSA ontario.
When I created express entry, I got a 50 point for a certificate of qualification but in the federal skill trade program, it shows not meet.
Could you please kindly help me? why I am not meet for the federal skill trade. I have work experience for this trade within 5 years.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you.
Wai Yan oo
My name is Awosika Israel Adebayo. A Nigerian and i have a trade test certificates in blocklayig and concreting. I have over ten years experience in laying of block having worked with a lot of construction companies. I will like to work in Canada. What are my chance of getting a job
My name is Kedibone from South Africa, I have 11 years experience in the banking sector and I am currently an assistant Manager for one of the banks in South Africa.
Please assist with correct method of applying for this program.