Work Permit

Immigration Options

Work in Canada

To work in Canada, a foreign national must receive authorization – work permit.

A work permit is a document issued by Immigration Canada that allows a foreign individual to work for a limited time at a specific job for a specific employer in Canada.

We can assist you:

• in preparing yourself to apply for a job in Canada
  • representing your Canadian employer in HRDC to obtain validation;
  • preparing file for submission to Canada Immigration;
  • representing you before Canada Immigration to obtain work permit and entry visa.

In most instances, a work permit will only be issued by an immigration officer after Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC) has approved the job offer of a Canadian employer to a foreign national.

An HRDC opinion enables Immigration Canada to determine whether the employment of the foreign worker is likely to have a positive, neutral or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. A positive or neutral labour market opinion is necessary for a foreign worker to be issued a work permit.

The factors HRDC considers include whether a Canadian or immigrant could fill the job; whether the hiring of a foreign national will help create opportunities or benefit for Canadian job seekers; and whether working conditions and wages offered are in line with what a Canadian would expect.

The HRD validation process thus entails that the Canadian employer demonstrate that a "significant" effort has been made to seek and hire a Canadian for the position in which there is a petition for validation. Work permit will be refused if the HRDC opinion is that the wages and working conditions offered are insufficient to attract and retain Canadian job-seekers. This policy is to ensure that foreign workers are not improperly used by Canadian employers to drive down the wage structure in the Canadian labour market.

Once HRDC grants a confirmation for the job that the foreign worker has been offered, the worker may apply for a work permit at a visa office, or, if the worker is a U.S. citizen, at a port of entry.

Contact us if you would like to know more.

430 Responses to Work Permit

1. Snehal Dalal says:

Want to know regarding Work permit

2. SHAMSUDEEN ALIDU says:

We wish to introduce our company to your organization.

a registered company under the laws of Ghana to recruit labour/workers ( all categories) for companies, organizations, agencies and individuals both locally and internationally.

We currently have the capacity to recruit various categories of workforce to fit all major industries.

We are hereby seeking for agency relationship with your organizationto help process our clients travel documments to enable them to travel and work in Canada.

We will provide all the necessary documentation when required and we are ready to meet your requirements for us to have the opportunity for us to do business with you.

Warm Regards.

3. HARWANT SINGH says:

Hi am harwant Singh am Indian how to apply canada work visa for driver I have qatar license d experience 3year

4. TAHIR AFTAB says:

After completion of studies as a Chemical Engineering. I had offered a job from Dubai in Ener Plastic Company for two years contract from March-2016 to March-2018. I had work as General Lab Tech.(Quality Control). I had worked 12 hours daily on shift basis. My job responsibilities is to handle the shift, performed chemical testing of samples & prepared report for higher ups. I had experience related to petrochemical. I performed my job with loyality. I am hard working,confident and result oriented person. Sir if you will give me chance I will try my best to satisfy my superior

5. Nimisha hirani says:

I want to go to canada for job

6. I need Canada work permit visa

7. Athar Danish says:

Kindly provide full details for canada work permit.

8. Smit Patel says:

Work permit visa in Canada

9. Mohamed Houyani says:

What is the ideal score of TEF to stand eligible to apply for work permit (food supervisor)
    Because the officer ask to pass the french test

10. Simmy Simmy says:

Kindly reply

11. Simmy Simmy says:

Need to know about work permit in Canada.my qualification is msc nursing with 10 years experience

12. Subhrajyoti Das says:

Hello
    I am from India and getting invited to stay from a Canadian born citizen in Ottawa

Would like to know whether I can convert my temporary residence visa to work permit after I apply for a job there in person in the heathcare sector.
    Fitness trainer to be precise.

My overall IELTS score is 7.0
    Listening – 7.5
    Speaking – 7.5
    Reading – 6.5
    But Writing at – 5.5

13. Padma says:

Immigration
    Or short caregiver course with job opportunities

14. lalindra says:

looking for a job in Canada and plan to apply for a work permit,
    kindly send me more information

lalindra

15. jatin says:

work permit and pr

16. Anuj Tyagi says:

I am 46 yrs old indian truck driver having more then 20 yrs driving experience fluent in English but poor not able to spend too much money for job can you help me sir

17. Avtar Singh says:

Hello sir I’m very very interested to any position job helper job Labour job driver job supervisor job guard job farm worker job store keeper job and other job please help me and give me one chance I’m havey vehicle diesel engine mechanic my axpiryanc is my field 22 years in India and one year gulf but my English is very low my qualification 10th not complete

18. Arun kumar says:

Hi sir & mdm,
    Iam Arun kumar chaudhary from Nepal at present working in malaysia wipro unza malaysia.Iam interested to work in your contry so i need work permit.
    I joint at wipro company 10years go as store helper from my work and honesty the company give the position store cleark this means realy hard working so pls consider this my strong working..Pls help me sir.

Thank you.

Arun k.Chy

19. Respect sir
    Need work permit in the canada ifou provide jop and work in canada i m greuation b.com experience in bank and dubai house maid qatar cooking experience in if you arrange work permit i can do work

20. parmjit kaur says:

Dear sir or mam,
    Three monts of waiting time completed for lmo but still no news from hrdc.i want to ask you how much time i have to wait for issueing my lmo for work permit.Pls rply me…

21. Md.Abdullah almamun says:

age 46 running,Education is higher secondary ,work experience is 10 years, IELTS score is 5.5, my wife is 43 years old,education is higer secondary,worked experience is 4 years. have got two son 14 and 11 years old student, my whole family were in UAE(Dubai).2011 we back to our home country in Bangladesh.pls reply me if i can be eligible to any provience to Canada.my cell no is 008801864230343

22. ghazala naz says:

i want to immigration in province nominee program iam a banker and 23 years work experience in pakistan banking sector

23. Prem Jit Kumar Dhir says:

I m senior citizen aged 65years.retired from indian air force as a technical hand after serving twenty years from 1972 To 1992.After retirement undertook various jobs and conducted own business. Now I wish to work in Canada as an general worker in Canada under LMIA Programme if permitted by law. Feel free to ask for more information from my side. Thanks.

24. Lawal says:

Is IELTS compulsory when applying for a work visa

25. LINGESWARAN V says:

I have an offer letter as well as employment contract letter in JP Farms and Flour limited, Toronto. But the employers didn’t said anything about IELTS exam whether need or not. Anyone of you resolve my queries.

26. Dhrumil Joshi says:

Well how can a person get a job while on visitor visa!!!! Do you arrange it!!!!

27. sanjay bunch says:

i want doe job in delivery food , superview compy courier and storekeeper atuo compy in canda visa work job

28. Jimmy says:

Hi,

I would like to know how to go about applying for Canadian work permit and the cost implications, please.

Thanks

29. Danyal Alam says:

I am Danyal Alam from pakistan .i am working in DUBAI 30 Nov 2014 to till Date As a security Guard .i Need LIMA to get work permit in canada.i not have IELTS.please help me how i get work permit .

30. Drivery the work permit